Saturday, February 23, 2008

Courageless Crafter

I don't know if anyone else ever has this problem, but sometimes I buy stuff and I decide it is too pretty to use. For example, the fabric below is Barefoot Roses, absolutely beautiful, but I don't want to cut it. Which, if I want to make an apron or a cute bag, I would have to do. What if I destroy it or don't do it justice? So it sits in my knitting basket, positioned in such a way that I can constantly admire it. I'm sure I will eventually get the courage, but not today.
Luckily, I have other projects that keep me occupied. I will warn you right now, I am one of those people who has a lot of projects going on at once. I always finish them, but sometimes it takes a little time because they are missing that last little something special.
In other cases, I have everything I need and can finish quickly and am really happy with the results. I completed this shadow box after I saw one at Candice's blog and loved it. The next day I was working on one for myself.
Well, good night all and here's to all the other courageless crafters in hopes that we will find it within ourselves, the belief that what we create is great and worthy and let not a sewing machine, glue stick or beautiful piece of fabric (or scrapbook paper) scare us away from our dreams!

3 comments:

cammy said...

I SO know what you mean about not being able to cut into a pretty piece of fabric. I am the same way with my wallpaper. I have several pretty packages of vintage wallpaper but just can't bring myself to cut it.

The Barefoot Roses fabric is so so pretty.

Sarah said...

Don't you just love those Martha shadow boxes. I have one I made for my mom's b'day (in my flickr). I bought about 6 of them "just in case" I ever needed one again! Love the fabric!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Missy Sue Hanson said...

that fabric is beautiful!! and I have the same problem, I always buy beautiful supplies and then don't want to use them!!