Thursday, May 14, 2009

New house, new decor

Four months ago, my husband and I moved from a fixer upper in Florida, to a house that is almost perfect in Texas. Let the fun begin! Instead of installing flooring and grouting showers, I get to spend all my time thinking of ways to superficially beautify my home. Lucky me! We have a den that I'm trying to make into a nice cozy place to watch TV and movies. I found this picture holder at Sadie Olives Boutique and love it. It allows me to change the pics easily. It's always so hard trying to figure out which ones to display so this makes it easier. If your interested in having your own family sign, I got mine here on Etsy. I also found these beauties at PB a couple of weeks ago. I love how they look! I've got the whole seaside theme going on in my home. I'm probably the only house in Texas that does. I'll say the stars are a shout out to the state I'm living in now. I got the oars at the same place and think they finish off my picture wall nicely. I still need to work on some window treatments. I actually think I might make them. I have some fabric in mind, just have to go out and get it. Sewing is my least favorite crafty activity. I still need a bookcase to go under the picture holder, another side table and an ottoman/coffee table. Right now I have a leather ottoman working as the coffee table, but it doesn't really go. I suppose it wouldn't be any fun if everything was perfect right away (so I keep telling myself).

1 comment:

cammy said...

I have the same photo holder and love it! Enjoy making your new house a home!