Monday, February 18, 2008

Hello, my name is Lisa

I thought my second post should be about me. I'm 32 and I grew up in Kalispell, Montana. I joined the Army after highschool, where I met a Texas boy I couldn't resist and so I married him. We will be celebrating our 10th annniversary this year. After we got out of the Army, we moved to Florida to be closer to my parents. We've been here 7 years now. Wow does time fly!!! I discovered the blog world about 5 months ago, and I love the entire concept. It's like a live magazine, full of ideas, beautiful photography, awesome crafts, amazing homes and families. One of the great things about blogs is, if you see something you like, you can ask the person where did they get it from or how did they make it. I am always frustrated when I'm flipping through a magazine and I see something that I must have, and no idea where to get it. Another amazing thing about blogs is how wonderful the community is. There are so many amazing and supportive women out there!

My favorite blogs inspired me to create a little craft space for myself and I LOVE IT!!! It is great to start and stop when I want and to be able to see all of my supplies. Before, when it was packed up, I never really knew what I had.

Today, I used my sewing machine for the first time on a scrapbook page. I've read about it and seen cute pages with the technique, but never tried it. I am very happy with how it turned out and definetely plan on using it again.

I also worked on my last V-day craft. I know I'm a little behind, but it will be ready for next year!(Maybe that makes me ahead?) I've never made a cone before. Still not sure if I did it right, but I think it turned out cute.

Have a wonderful night!

Lisa

3 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Hi Lisa,

What a beautiful hydrangea on your banner! I have really enjoyed reading your blog...it IS fun, isn't it? I'll be back to visit soon.
xo Lidy

Missy Sue Hanson said...

Love the studio space!!! Looks like a lovely beginning in blogland!!

java diva said...

The cone is lovely! TFS