Friday, June 19, 2009

A second home of my own

If I ever win the lottery and am able to own a second home, I want it to be located in a quiet coastal town surrounded by hydrangea bushes. I want to wake up in the mornings and go for a walk along a quiet road and pick wildflowers, which I'll put on my table when I get home. After breathing in fresh sea air, I would come back to a homemade breakfast of strawberry french toast, which my husband made and we would go eat it on our wrap around porch while we listened to birds chirp and discussed what we wanted to do for the day. He would suggest taking a nice bike ride into town and looking through a few antique shops (stop laughing, this is my fantasy) and then we would stop and have a little lunch at some cute cafe where the waitress greets us by name. I'm not sure what I would have for lunch, but there would definitely be pie involved for dessert (hold the calories, thank you) and then we would hop back on our bikes and head down to the beach to go hunt for seashells. Eventually, we would head back to the house and unwind in our hammock until it was time to start preparing dinner, because we had friends and family coming over. At the end of the day, I would curl up in a comfy bed on a screened porch and let nature sing me to sleep.
It doesn't hurt to dream a little. Let me go make sure hubby bought the lotto tickets :)

1 comment:

Susan K said...

Do you have room for one more in that dream? I'll bring the churn and we'll make some ice cream. :)